Friday, February 3, 2017

Kanji Samurai Development Blog - Week 3

Week 3

Hello yet again! Got another update on Kanji Samurai!

Last week I was working on a more calming and peaceful music track to be played in the tutorial stages of the game. I'm happy to say that track is now finished! I took inspiration from very zen-like tracks, mostly going with a very improvisational style. I also managed to iterate on a few sound effects last week, mainly being the brushstroke sound and the "undo" sound. Both, however, still need some improvements, so I'll be working on those a bit more.

Coming up, I've been tasked with working on some jingles to play for when you successfully complete a kanji, and for when you fail at completing a kanji. I'll also be attempting to create a better sword slashing sound, provided I can find the right things to make the sound I'm looking for! I have an idea involving an energy drink can, but we'll have to see how that turns out.

Well, that's all for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment